Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 20, 2013

I can hardly believe it, but people have begun to complain about the weather! In Seattle! All right, yes, the fog is getting a little old. But I remember a winter some years ago when it was foggy for three weeks straight without even a sunbreak. And I lived in Tacoma. So, you know, it could be worse. (I won't even mention the S word). Cut through the fog with some good astringent punk rock and you'll feel better.

Falling Awake
Is this about drifting into consciousness without really realizing it, and everything makes perfect sense until you go to sleep again? Or that moment when you've been drifting off to sleep, feel like you're falling, and jerk awake?

HugLife
What a difference one letter makes. So warm and fuzzy!

Kim Jong Illin'
Resident wet blanket points out that this is too out-of-date to be relevant anymore. Don't care. It's still clever and funny, and in a year or two, it'll be retro.

Lo' There Do I See My Brother
Formal and old-fashioned and too many words -- everything I love in a band name.

Red Wanting Blue
Do political opposites attract, or just need each other as foils? Does red want blue more than blue wants red? Is it a rom-com or a tragedy?

Special recognition for an event name I couldn't make up if I tried:
The King County Executive's Awards for Excellence in Hip Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment