Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1, 2012

It was an extremely busy week, so this is a day late. The big news is Your Mother Should Know has two gigs coming up this summer: Sunday, July 29 at the Comet (it's the day before my birthday and we're headlining!) and Thursday, August 9 at Rat and Raven (the day before Neal's birthday). I can't think of a better way to end an old year and start a new one!

Eee ee
This name evokes the squealing of young Beatles fans, and probably all young female fans since. Except me, of course. I made a conscious effort never to squeal at a show, and now I'm way past the age where I could have gotten away with it. Love it as a band name, though.

Flying Cars
It's the future! I know because I have a tiny phone that fits in my pocket and flips open like a Star Trek communicator. I'm kind of glad we don't have flying cars, though. I've seen how people drive on roads, and that's bad enough. Better to leave it as a band name.

I Was Thinking of a Roadhouse Brawl
I have to like a name that's a complete sentence on such a rock & roll subject. It would be great to see this group on the same bill with I Can Lick Any SOB in the House.

Really Big Beard
Is there just one really big beard for the whole group, or is it a requirement for membership?

Skate Drunks
Nice play on skate punk. Probably just as bad an idea as flying cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment