Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2, 2012

I regret that I never blogged about God's Favorite Beefcake in happier times. I noticed the name more than once, but for some reason it never made the list. I love the humorous grandiosity packed into three words. Let's all make music and try to love one another. RIP, Drew and Joe.

Cat Food
Maybe it's because I just fed my cats, but I want to know: kibble, canned, or rodent? Or something to feed the soul of a real cool cat?

Conspiracy of Beards
This is arresting and funny on its own, even without the description: "An a capella choir singing arrangements of Leonard Cohen songs." Wow.

I Wish We Were Robots
I'm ever fond of names that are complete sentences. This one has that sci-fi aspect that's always a plus with me. And it's the kind of sentence where I want to know the rest of the story: who's "we" and why robots?

Sons of Huns
It rhymes! Monosyllables! And they're on the same bill with Pouch -- I might even make it to this show.

Twisted Trystan
A tongue-twister that includes the word Twisted? Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment