Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 5, 2011

No theme this week, just another crop of great band names. A few of them would make great line-ups, so I've listed them together as single selections.

Atheist and Deicide
Of course, one who knowingly commits deicide cannot claim to be an atheist. But it would be fun to see these two battle it out: "There is no God" vs "There was a God, but I killed her."

Brahms and Conducting from the Grave
Conducting from the grave beats the heck out of rolling over in it.

The Flying Tortugas and The Whoopsie Daisies
 These two really are on the same bill, next Thursday at the Blue Moon Tavern, and I wish I could be there. This kind of whimsy needs to be encouraged.

A Hawk and a Hacksaw
This is probably a bad idea, but saying it sure clears the phlegm.


The Shrapnelles 
I try not to play favorites, but I have to admit this one is my favorite this week. I applaud the ability to evoke, in one word, Phil Spector's girl groups and shredding metal. This I've got to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment