Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19, 2011

Thanks to Spinning Whips, Ancient Warlocks, and Koko & the Sweetmeats for a memorable St. Patrick's Day! Now it's Saturday again, and time for a brand new list of winners.

Abandon Kansas
During tornado season, this is probably good advice. I love the balanced assonance of schwa, short a, schwa, short a, schwa that makes it fun and easy to say.

Dog Shredder
One of the resident cats thinks this applies to her. I imagine it's brutal and raucous.

Last of the Steam Powered Trains
I have an enduring soft spot for absurdly long band names, and for steam trains, so this was an easy pick.

The Mother Hips
I never noticed before how easily the sci-fi stalwart, "mother ship," can be transformed into a woman's ongoing struggle. Suddenly those hips seem cooler!



Potty Mouth Society
Juvenile humor gets organized. (I doubt we have much to worry about).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment