Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24, 2010

Dear Santa,

The club listings are a little thin this week, so instead of picking favorites, I'm making another kind of list. A wish list, of band names I'd like to see. Maybe in 2011?

Greenwood Academy of Hair
The beauty school has closed, but the name could live on as a metal band -- or a venue!

Human Blood Rush
The first time I saw this on a box at the Puget Sound Blood Center, I thought, "Brutal."

Sack o' Hamsters
Just cuz.

Talents West
Another local business that could have a second life. This would also be a good name for a local record label.


White Creek Grange
The vacant and weathered grange hall, with wind turbines in the background marching off for miles in either direction, sits at the crossroads of the Old West and sci fi. I'm thinking techno-country.


I'll be watching for these in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment