Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 18, 2010

It's not even Christmas yet, and I've already received the gift of TOO MANY GOOD BAND NAMES!!! I have bravely narrowed this week's abundance to these lucky few:

The Dead Kenny G's
This one is great on so many levels, harking back to a great old punk band name while also poking fun at a local boy. There's always room for poor taste . . .

Dirt Worshipper
The name is funny, and the band was apparently playing two gigs in the same night, which wins my attention and respect.

Nearly Dan
When perusing the club listings on Friday night, this was the first band name to catch my eye, and it just stuck with me. It cleverly references another band, and being "nearly" anyone is funny on its own.

Pickwick
Trespassers William
These two both get the nod for literary allusions to a couple of favorite books. Music and books go together like books and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment