Saturday, August 29, 2015

August 29, 2015

I'm confused; is August supposed to go out like a lion? (And right on cue, the power went out. I guess I will write this offline and post it later.) The NEPO 5K Art Walk is sounding less appealing, but if the power is on at Black Lodge and Victory Lounge tonight, Roachella might still be an option. Meanwhile, these band names stood out from the crowd:

It trips off the tongue, with a sonic echo of “meadowlark” and allusion to song and reverb. Coincidentally, echo seems to be a theme this week, with shows by Echo Ravine, A Townsmen Echo, and previous Square Pig honoree The Echo Echo Echoes. These four should get together sometime!

I could not pass up the delightful rhymes and goofily grandiose imagery. (The resident gamers suspect this is also a reference to Elderscrolls, in which it is possible to play as a lizardperson who is a wizard. I am perfectly willing to believe this interpretation.)

Item for sale in the drugstore or the popular high school clique? You decide.

This could be an alibi: “It wasn't me. I don't even wear makeup.” But I like it better as an expression of wholehearted, all-or-nothing-at-all engagement.

This was the first name to grab me this week, and it was their debut show! I'm picturing a monstrous creature with an eye at the end of each of its three horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment