Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

Blogging was delayed by a very pleasant weekend in wine country. I'm on vacation this week, so it still feels like the weekend and I therefore resume blogging on a Monday. All the bands whose names stood out have already played their shows, but they still deserve notice.

Memory Tapes
My memory may be imperfect, but I remember tapes. It amuses me no end to see cassettes having their little renaissance among young musicians. They must still be cheap, but can you still buy a decent tape deck? We're lucky to have one from the '70s. The tape stock stank, but the hardware was solid. Ah, memories . . .

Red Alder
Clear the land and stand back! Applies equally to alder and to young musicians -- give them space and they'll pop up and grow.

Retirement
Vacation is nice, but this is what I really look forward to. If I can stay up past 9 p.m., I might even get out to weeknight shows.

Shaggy Sweet
The five-second rule is voided if the dropped candy collects fuzz.

Vacationeer 
Much more intrepid than a mere vacationer.

No comments:

Post a Comment