Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 21, 2015

I find I've been refraining from mentioning on social media how it's effectively spring already in Seattle so as not to rub it in with my friends and family who are experiencing a winter of epic proportions. I don't want people to resent us -- or want to move here. Wait, they already do! If you're lucky enough to live here, take advantage of being able to go out without bundling up, maybe check out a band or three. These names popped out of the listings this week:

Mom's Rocket
It's a happy accident that "rocket" sounds like "rock it." This name also speaks to my personal family role and my sci-fi efforts. It may be fictional, but I do have a rocket.

Sorrow's Edge
Dark poetry in two words. I like that edge can imply a border or a blade, and it makes sense either way.
 
Strawberry Love Cat
Cheery and goofy, in that psychedelic way. I'm partial to cat names, too. (Check out their adorable logo).

Reagan Youth
I was young in the Reagan era. Still makes me squirm.

Ultra Violent Rays
Worst sunburn ever.

My fiction and blogging projects collide in "St. Rage," now available as the 13th release in the Pankhearst Singles Club. This story of an all-girl teenage garage band with superpowers is short, it's funny, and it's only $ .99. If you like "St. Rage," please like St. Rage on Facebook and go listen to their first demo, "Huge Guy in the Mosh Pit."

No comments:

Post a Comment