Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 16, 2013

Happy St. Urho's Day, everyone! Put on your purple and green and celebrate the tongue-in-cheek patron saint of Finland. Traditionalists may wait until tomorrow and drink green beer in honor of that other saint. Lots of fun band names to choose from:

The Dirty Church Ladies
I want to be one, if I'm not already! Being a church lady drummer probably puts me pretty close.

Jar of Rain
Putting rain into any kind of small container is the kind of idealistic and hopeless project I can get behind. Now I wonder -- is this Buckets of Rain minus a member or two? Or in collaboration with Jar of Flies? Both of those have made the blog in the past, so this was an easy pick.

Meniscus
One of my favorite words. Fun to say, and it sounds like it should mean something grosser than surface tension. So nerdy.

Something in the Trees
I love the mystery here. Is it a good something or a bad something? Is it among the trees, or actually in them? Who will go check? (Also, I have it on good authority that this group includes some fraction of The Tailenders, a past Square Pig favorite).

The Story So Far
The writer in me is drawn to the implication of narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment