Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013

After yesterday's meteor and asteroid events, may I just say: Space rocks. Sorry. On with the band names . . .

Aaron Daniel's One Man Banned 
It's almost too easy, but the pun of "banned" for "band" continues to work. I'm also sensitive to the usage because I'm part of a longstanding musical improv outfit called Banned Rehearsal, which has been not-rehearsing since 1984. Shameless plug: we'll be playing the Chapel Performance Space at Good Shepherd Center on Friday, February 22 -- our first public outing since 1997.

Chaotic Noise Marching Corps
This actually seems to describe the Banned Rehearsal aesthetic, though we do not generally march. I like the apparent oxymoron of chaos and noise combined with the implied order of a marching corps. Also, one of the guys lives on my block and went through elementary and middle school with one of my kids, so there's some neighborly pride here.
 
Feed Me with Teeth
Well, obviously, but on the other hand, what? A short sentence that twists all over the place. I also appreciate the assonance of the repeated double e.

Mouse on Mars
My instant reaction was memory of the Fun Forest, which I consider a good thing. In my mind, this name melds the roller coaster Mad Mouse with another ride called Flight to Mars. So, Seattle nostalgia plus my usual Mars-mania -- an easy pick.

Robot Uprise 
I don't think I've ever seen "uprise" used this way, or maybe at all. Is it a verb -- something a robot is being ordered to do? Or is it a noun, a shortened version of uprising? What do our robot overlords say?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment