Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19, 2012

I begin to suspect a conspiracy to keep old folks like me out of clubs simply by scheduling. It's difficult to work up the energy to go out on a Friday night after a long week, when the band you want to see is the third in a lineup of five at a show that doesn't even start until 9. In spite of that, I love our lively music scene, even in absentia. And I want to see a lineup that includes Wow and Flutter, Terminal Fuzz Terror, and Low Hums.

Future Rainbow Lazer
The best hippie/sci-fi baby name ever.

Huckle
Fun to say, and sort of startling to see without "-berry" at the end. (Now I want pie.)

Piano Piano
Irony? I sincerely doubt they play pp.

Spare Me Poseidon
Love the classical reference. Drowning in the wine-dark sea of music.

A Vintage Spectacular
This might be just the name of a show, not a band, but it would be a good name for a band. I see a poster with P. T. Bridgeport lettering and people in corsets and boater hats, shredding on electric guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment