Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11, 2012

It's after 5 pm and still light out! That's a reason to celebrate, whether you have a Valentine or not. As always, there's no end of great bands playing shows in the coming week. These names stood out:

And And And
This one distills a favorite naming convention to its essence. All conjunctions, all the time.

Bang Sha Bang
As a drummer, I'm happy to support this percussive bit of onomatopoeia.

Chrononauts
And as a science fiction writer, how could I not laud these sailors of the timestream?

I the Mighty
One the resident young people used to call himself "I. the Great." His brother was "[name redacted] the Mighty." I don't think this is them, but it seems to pay them homage.

Terabyte and the Battery Eaters
And here is the aforementioned favorite naming convention, dressing up an old-fashioned framework in the garb of our digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment