Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3, 2011

In honor of Bumbershoot, I checked the festival schedule as well as the club listings in my never-ending search for creative band names. This week's picks:

Buildings on the Moon
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this topic. I'm thinking spaceport, but I heard that a pizza chain (Domino's?) wants to be the first pizza restaurant on the moon. It'll probably go right next to Starbuck's.


Dead Man
Dunno if they had this in mind, but this is the title of a truly great, deeply weird film starring Johnny Depp.


Fitz and the Tantrums
Dumb and clever at the same time, in one of the standard formats.


Free the Robots
Otherwise, they will rise up and become our overlords.


Hobosexual
Delightfully juvenile. Also, as a member of a rock duo, I like to support other duos.

No comments:

Post a Comment