Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

Just bloggin' and waitin' for the Rapture, that peculiar center of grindhouse theology. (What they don't realize is May 21 isn't the end of the world -- it's just Storm Sound Cycle!)

But in case of Rapture, all my picks play tonight or already played last night.

Android Hero
Captured! by Robots
Warning: Danger
Danger, Will Robinson! These three bands are on one bill. I love it when they match! Thanks to R2-D2, I've loved robots since 1977. My current sci-fi project includes an endearing band of doo-wop singing bots. This was an easy pick.

Point Juncture, WA
Our state has an abundance of interesting place names, most of which could be band names. This is one I hadn't seen before in either context. This sounds like both a crossroads and the end of the road.

Werebearcat
Goofy fantasy element + fun to say = awesome name.

No comments:

Post a Comment