Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19, 2011

Just for fun, this week's list has a theme. Every band name is a noun, singular. I like the idea of the band as a single unit, no matter how many members.

KITTEN
Seems cute and harmless, but oh! those little needle claws!
 
Llama
A young person of my acquaintance once wrote a short story for school in which the llama from Napoleon Dynamite (which I re-watched last night) runs away to Seattle and joins a gang of criminal llamas but is defeated during a chase in the bus tunnel when the side-mirror of a Metro bus takes the boss llama's head off. Maybe this is one of those llamas.


Mongo
"Mongo merely pawn in game of life." Thank you, Mel Brooks.

Princess
Sure, she's all sweet and pretty, but what's going on behind the throne? Royalty, like politicians, are not to be trusted.

Shim 
Yes, this band has appeared before. Sue me. They fit the theme, and take it to the next level by being a monosyllable! As I said in my previous post, the word is fun to say and sounds much funnier than its actual meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment