Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 13, 2015

I have nothing to say about anything but band names, so let's get to it:

Expired Logic
Ways of thinking that used to work are no longer valid. It's time for fresh ideas! (I also like their expressed genre, sci-fi punk!)

The Little Donuts
There's an admirable goofiness in naming a band for food. (My brother and bandmate keeps trying to get someone to name their band Cupcake Time; no takers so far, so I've introduced the name into my fictional music scene.) I also have a soft spot for overtly adorable names, and what is more adorable than tiny food? The real story behind the name is appropriately sweet; read it here.

Little Sense Band 
If we had more than a little sense, no musician would try to make anything of the live-music life, and the world would be a poorer place. Plus, this gives me two very different usages of "little" in one post. This also makes a nice thematic pairing with Expired Logic.

The Picturebooks
A long time ago, when I had little kids, one of my favorite activities was reading picture books with preschoolers. The key to a good picture book is, of course, the artwork, but the text is, like a good song lyric or band name, concentrated creative expression. (Happy also to discover that this is a two-piece band, like a lot of my faves!)

Shot on Site
Here we have a tidy little pun that alludes to knee-jerk violence and location camera work in three short words.

No comments:

Post a Comment