Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012

I'm rested, refreshed and back online after three days on an island. We had beautiful sunshine and a big thunderstorm with torrential rain, all within 48 hours. I love Puget Sound in summer! When I got home, the club listings were soaking wet, so I had to wait to make my picks until the paper dried out.

3D Friends
Are people finally noticing that real life has been in 3D all along?


Disastroid
Anyone who wrote a story about a near-fatal catastrophe in the Asteroid Belt could not possibly pass this one up. I love how the two words flow together so naturally.

If Birds Could Fly
I try not to play favorites, but this one is a stand-out. What a wonderful world it would be . . .

Trombone Cake
Just a couple weeks late for Stu Dempster's 76th birthday, a significant number for a trombonist.

Ultra High Energy Cosmic Rays
As a scientist friend pointed out, Earth's magnetosphere protects us from these things. Get very far out and you have to think about them. Easier to deal with in sci-fi (and, I hope, at the Funhouse) than in real space travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment